If you are a newbie to SEO and do not know about content and how it can help rank your website higher then you are in the right place. Here we will discuss the essential elements of on-page SEO, the best apps for on-page SEO, along with the tools that can help you rank higher on search engines.
What is SEO?
SEO is an acronym for search engine optimization. This is a modern digital marketing strategy that has become a necessary tactic for businesses interested in generating more income. SEO results in ranking your web pages higher through optimized content and positive ranking signals. A basic summary is that SEO increases your search visibility.
(Want to know more? Read our article on “What is SEO?” or “What are organic SEO services for small businesses?“)
On-page SEO vs Off-page SEO
The difference between on-page and off-page is that on-page SEO refers to the optimization of the web page on your target site. So if you own a small business website your on-page SEO is all of the factors to improve your service pages, product pages, blog pages, etc.
On-page SEO includes all the tactics that you can control directly on your website. You can edit your website content, keywords, title, meta-description, page speed, structured data markup, etc.
Off-page SEO refers to the factors that are controlled off-site Off-page SEO refers to tactics such as backlinks, citations, social media, and off-site promotion of your website.
How to improve on-page SEO?
For on-page SEO you can follow a general checklist. With this checklist, you can manually identify flaws on your website and make them better. This general checklist consists of five steps. By following these steps you can find ways to improve your on-page SEO and increase your website’s ranking on Google.
- Check your page title (which should have an H1 tag). The title should contain one of your primary keyword targets.
- Check the URL of your pages. The keyword target should be part of the URL slug. If it is then it will be much easier to gain ranking and generate search volume.
- The image alt tags should contain the target keyword in at least one image and a mix of keyword variations in the rest of the images. Use descriptive text that actually tells someone what the image is about.
- Read your meta-description out loud. The description should be catchy and relevant enough to entice users to click from the search engine result page.
- Your website structure should be well-defined systematically. Like in general a website has about us, a product menu, product description, contact numbers, and page links. More specifically you should group your pages into subfolders if you have multiple categories and services.
- Search for additional keywords related to your topic. After identifying low competition targets, incorporate those into your content. Ranking for multiple terms will increase the search traffic on your page. Whenever adding keywords make sure that they are placed naturally and are not obvious “keyword stuffs”.
- Lastly, make your website user-friendly. Make things easy to read, easy to navigate, and keep the page speed fast by using compressed images.
Tools for on-page SEO optimization
After following the checklist, you may find shortcomings in your website interface or content. But no need to be worried. All the problems can be solved by different online tools.
These tools have different functions and play a vital role in enhancing on-page SEO ranking. Every tool has a different interface and working principle, while the pivot point of every tool is the incorporation of keywords in the text.
Following are examples of online tools that can help you with your on-page SEO.
Rephrase.info Paraphrasing tool
Rephrase.info is a paraphrasing tool that helps in making content concise and SEO optimized. Through this paraphraser, you can remove errors from your content and add keywords that help to boost the on-page SEO ranking.
This rephrase tool has three modes. The three modes are fluency, standard and creative. In fluency and standard mode, errors are removed and sentences are rewritten in a better structure. These modes can be enjoyed in the free version.
While in the creative version AI-based revision of the whole content is done to remove plagiarism and make it optimized by the incorporation of the most appropriate keywords.
This bundle of tools also provides the facilities of a grammar and punctuation checker. In the formation of thesis and assignments, students can also make citations of every king with this tool.
- You can paraphrase unlimited words with this software.
- Sentence-to-sentence paraphrasing is done.
- The original meaning remains maintained.
- It is free and easy to use.
Prepostseo Plagiarism Checker
The plagiarism checker of Prepostseo is based on advanced AI technology that can identify every kind of copied material. This online tool is helpful for students and writers by they can detect the copied material percentage.
This tool is very handy. You just have to upload your file or direct copy the material and it will analyze it within seconds.
After finding out the plagiarism you can paraphrase it and can add related keywords to make it SEO optimized. this tool has another unique feature. By its make it a unique option, you can remove all plagiarism.
This function is truly based on keywords. During the removal of plagiarism software takes care of sentence tone and adds relevant keywords so that the originality remains the same and ranking becomes enhanced.
This checker has a different pricing plan for registered, unregistered, and premium users.
- It is multilingual and checks plagiarism in every language.
- This tool is compatible with every file format.
- You can access it through the mobile app.
- It provides chrome extension.
Yoast Content Analyzer
Yoast is a plugin for WordPress that helps with the on-page SEO of WP websites. However, there is an online tool of Yoast known as the Yoast Content Analyzer. This tool is very useful to bloggers in particular.
It grades your content for its SEO and its readability. The directions for use are quite simple. There is a text box on the page that also doubles as a rich text editor. You just need to either write your entire blog post in the editor or paste it there. Yoast will almost instantly analyze your content and provide you with valuable feedback.
It advises you about the following things concerning SEO:
- Text length
- Meta description
- Post Title
- Focus on keyword & keyword density
- imagines, internal links, and outbound links
It also gives feedback on your content which is as follows:
- Gives warning about the number of “Subheadings, transition words, and sentences with passive voice”.
- Grades the reading difficulty and warns if it is too high.
- Comments on paragraph and sentence length.
This is a must-have tool for new writers who have only recently started blogging. Using this tool, they can dramatically improve the quality of their write-ups.
- You can edit your posts using its text editor and get real-time feedback.
- 100% free tool
- No registration required
- No advertisements
Grammarly is the de facto best content optimization tool when it comes to grammar checking. You need to create an account to use it and most of its features are free.
There is a premium version that offers more features and increases the effectiveness of the free features. So, what are these features that I keep prattling on about? Let’s take a look.
Grammarly can be either used online or you can download its extension so that it can check and correct grammatical mistakes in real-time. Whichever you want to use is up to your discretion. The method to use it is simple.
Once you are done writing your draft you can upload it to Grammarly online and it will analyze all the mistakes about:
- Correctness; these are the punctuation and spelling errors.
- Clarity; this will paraphrase any of your long phrases with shorter and simpler ones.
- Engagement; it paraphrases your sentences to make them more engaging (premium only).
- Delivery; changes sentence structure of confusing sentences (premium only).
The plagiarism checker is also only available in the premium version only. There are two kinds of plans; for individuals and teams/businesses. They are further divided into monthly, quarterly, and annual plans. The most popular plan is the individual annual plan which costs $144 per year in 2022.
- Accurate grammar check
- Good free features
- Integrations for MS Word, Windows, browsers, iOS, and Android.
SEO is the most implemented marketing strategy-even by professional writers and bloggers. How else can they get their content to be seen?! Webs designers also try to use this strategy but to maximize results most companies use an SEO professional.
SEO consists of on-page and off-page. Today, on-page SEO can be improved by using many different tools. These tools help in rewriting and paraphrasing the content as well as identifying where your keywords are missing and when you’ve over-optimized your text.
Christian Carere heads the SEO team here at Austin Bryant Consulting. After building an SEO agency in Toronto (Digital Ducats Inc.) Christian was hired by founder Keith Hunn who has created a full-service digital marketing agency in Plano, TX. Christian has been published on Search Engine Watch, Venngage, Small Biz Daily, Grasshopper, Data Box, Socialnomics, and Mention.